Makings of a Voice by Dana Wylie was our 2021 MainStage play that was slated to play live in the Westbury Theatre this past March. Due to Covid restrictions, we had to pare it down to a one-woman show and offer it online only. Now, we are thrilled to finally present the play live with Dana and 3 musicians as we co-present with The Arden Theatre October 14-17. Tickets will be available on September 14th . We highly suggest attending on October 16th if you can, as that will also be our Silent Auction Fundraiser in the lobby and we’ve already had lots of amazing donations roll in!
*Silent Auction Fundraiser in the lobby!
Tickets are $40 and available here!
- Proof of vaccination
- partial vaccination (one dose) accepted September 20 to October 25 if received 2 weeks before time of service
- full vaccination (two doses) required after October 25
- Proof of a privately-paid negative PCR or rapid test within 72 hours of service (to access a privately-paid PCR or Rapid Test, please contact your nearest pharmacy or private medical lab. As per the Government of Alberta, tests from AHS or Alberta Precision Laboratories are ineligible for the program)
- Documentation of a medical exemption
- AND Valid ID for patrons 18 and older
About the Play
Makings of a Voice is a theatrical song cycle about discovering our individual identity within generational narratives. A personal journey situated somewhere between the past and the present, between motherhood and daughterhood, between music and monologue, this intimate piece follows a messy trajectory into the heart of one woman’s story and provides a compelling argument for why our stories need to be told.
Written and performed by Dana Wylie
Directed by Vanessa Sabourin
Production Design by Whittyn Jason
Dramaturgy by Ellen Havard
Stage Management by Beth Grieve
Staged reading filmed live at Backstage Theatre during the Expanse Festival, part of the Chinook Series, in Edmonton, Alberta. *Warning: Contains adult language*