Are you a passionate event managing administrative Deity looking for a unique, fun, fabulous, growing arts festival to be a part of? SkirtsAfire is a multi-disciplinary arts festival that features the work of women and we are looking for a Festival Coordinator to join our lively, driven team.
The Festival Coordinator is responsible for helping the Managing Director and Artistic Director with contracting, administration, event coordination, fundraising, audience development and “on the ground” coordination of the 10 day festival which runs March 7 to 17, 2019.
This is a part time contract position averaging about 12 hours per week with extended full-time hours leading up to and during the festival.
This is a 7 to 8 month position (August or September – March).
Compensation range: $4800 to $5800
- Planning and coordination of events leading up to and during the festival
- On the ground coordination of staff, volunteers and audience, making sure events run smoothly
- Facilitating invitations and special event RSVP’s
- Soliciting and organizing door prizes, contests, and raffles
HR & Administration
- Maintaining the SkirtsAfire databases
- Contracting artists and staff
- Assisting with the Labour Day Casino, grant writing, and other fundraising events
- A passion for the arts and SkirtsAfire in particular
- Experience with event planning and on-site project coordination an asset
- Administrative experience and strong organization, multi-tasking, and communication skills
- Positive and creative leadership
- Reliable, self motivated, and hard working team member
See the job description for more detailed information.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Closing date for applications is July 30, 2018.
We will only be contacting potential hires. Thank you in advance for your interest in being a part of the SkirtsAfire team!
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!