FUNDRAISING COMMITTEE MEMBER JOB DESCRIPTION
We’re a creative bunch in the Fundraising Committee! We welcome those with a variety of skills, such as fundraising, or event/project management, experience with casinos, marketing, communications… or wanting to gain experience in these areas.
As a Committee member, you’ll help us brainstorm, plan and execute SkirtsAfire’s annual fundraiser and coordinate the casino. Casinos host charity organizations such as SkirtsAfire approximately every two years and this is regulated by the AGLC. Casino funding is one of our largest revenue sources.
The Fundraising Committee:
- Recommends to the Board ideas for various fundraising efforts throughout the year;
- Advises on details of the annual fundraiser including but not limited to, theme, date, location, and budget;
- Reports to the Board on committee decisions, updates, and feedback from the fundraiser;
- Schedules key casino roles and volunteer positions;
- Provides the AGLC with required documentation to support SkirtsAfire’s gaming licence. This information is time sensitive and detailed; and
- Contacts casino volunteers and keeps them informed following up to the event and after.
Our next casino date is in 2023 (exact date to be confirmed). SkirtsAfire hires a Casino Advisor who helps the committee navigate the casino fundraising process. The Advisor actively provides information and guidance before, during and after the event. Although the demands of the casino committee appear to peak during the casino dates, there are some interesting projects that are part of the committee tasks. AGLC will provide online training sessions for the Committee members in advance.
We have a lot of fun working together, and we’re so fortunate to have a dedicated Board and key staff who fully support us through it all!