SkirtsAfire is looking for diverse voices to join our Board to help guide the organization in its growth. We aim to promote and celebrate the inclusion of individuals of all identities such as gender, gender identity and expression, age, race, religion and other protected grounds.
As part of a newly formed team, and in consultation with the Board the diversity committee will:
- Help define the goals of the committee that connect to the broader strategic plan
- Identify and leverage relationships across a diverse range of communities to raise awareness of the organization’s work
- Provide opportunities for mentorship and collaborative leadership
- Perform other activities including but not limited to facilitating groups, consulting, conducting research and reporting on outcomes, as determined by committee goals
Successful candidates will have demonstrated success in the ability to:
- Cultivate meaningful connections across diverse views
- Promote an inclusive environment and generative relationships across all realms of diversity
- Be an inclusive team player – where differing views are heard and each person is seen for their contributions
- Know how to lead, and equally as important, know how to follow/enable others to lead
- Seek first to understand, and strive to assume best intentions
- Understand and acknowledge that different forms of communication may cause barriers in reaching final consensus, and strive to reach best possible outcomes for the organization through effective compromise and communication
- Be considerate of other structural forms that account for and include diversity in decision making, making for a more diverse, inclusive environment and better understanding of all and especially marginalized communities
Contact: To apply, submit your resume, and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, we invite you to describe the actions or abilities you’ve demonstrated in your volunteerism and/or work and life that would support the SkirtsAfire vision and mission.
Check out other committee opportunities here:
Thank you for your interest! We’re excited to learn more about you.